Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tableau Output tool freezes Alteryx - [Error] The specified network name is no longer ava

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Hi All,

I am having a many many issues with this tool.  It is to the point where Alteryx is unusable for most of its previous applications.  Since the old tool has been depricated, I cannot do anything with Tableau spatial.  Additionally now that the new is requiring DCM, the tool has completely quit working.  Any time I place the Tableau Output tool on the canvas and connect anything to it (csv, sql etc.) it freezes.  Freezez to the point I have to task manager out of it.

If I look in my logs, I get this message.

[Error] IOCompletionCallback
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified network name is no longer available

This does not make sense.  Tableau server created a token for me.  The tool itself connects.  I can see in the tool my data files to which I want to update, but when this tool is connected to an input.  I freezes.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @JohnMaty 

You can always continue to use to use old Publish to Tableau Server tool, even though it is deprecated.  

Dan

Labels