Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tableau Output tool error

Jurjenz
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use the new "Tableau Output" tool to publish from Alteryx to our new Tableau server. Connecting to our Tableau server through the Personal Access Token works (i.e. I can browse the folders etc.) but whenever I try to publish any data the tool returns the error: "Internal error: Failed to read port assignment. All incoming anchors closed, but plugin has errors".

The weird thing is that colleagues using the same Alteryx version and same version of the plugin are correctly able to publish data to the server

To me it looks like the plugin might be incorrectly installed. I have already tried deleting the plugin from the install, doing a full new Alteryx install (to the same version that works for my colleagues) but so far I keep getting the same error.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how it can be resolved? I'm out of ideas.

I'm on alteryx version 2022.1.1.42636

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
JakubSt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Jurjenz .
Try deleting the contents of .shiv folder here: C:\Users\username\.shiv. That's where the Python SDK creates some additional files that are used by the Tableau connector. Then, re-install the connector and try to run it again. The .shiv contents should be re-created during the install/first wf run.

Jakub S., Technical Product Manager, Data Connectors
Jurjenz
7 - Meteor

Hi Jakub,

I managed to solve it with the help of Alteryx support exactly through the method you described. Thanks for posting this solution!

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

This solved my issue as well.  Thanks!

msmith6986
7 - Meteor

Should a user have to do this method (of manually deleting the .shiv folder) every day?  I don't think so.  This tableau tool is so buggy and unstable it was completely irresponsible of alteryx to release it in its current state.  Very disappointing to say the least.

ChristinaGahan
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having the same issue with the Tableau output tool. I've tried the posted solution and I'm still getting the error.  Any idea why?

amruta
7 - Meteor

for such random errors for Tableau output tool , the Alteryx support had suggested me to do the following. 

Alteryx response : Please follow the below steps and let me know if it helps.

• Close Alteryx Designer.
  • Open File Explorer.
  • Go to C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools.
  • Delete AutoInsightsUploader.
  • Open Windows Explorer. Enter %USERPROFILE%\. shiv into the search bar. The full path on your workstation displays. Right-click and delete the entire . shiv folder.
  • example-c:\Users\<username>\.shiv 
  • some of you may have to re-install the Tableau output tool for it to work
Labels