Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tableau Output tool - Failed to Save & Failed to Append

kconner
5 - Atom

Hi, I am converting my flows over to the Tableau Output tool and I am running into the 'Failed to save file at:..' and 'Failed to append data to..." errors. I am overwriting a file, and it seems to be inserting data into the Tableau hyper, but incompletely (not all rows are saved there). How do I fix this error?

14 REPLIES 14
JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

If anyone comes across this now and are receiving the "Failed to append" error, Alteryx Support have just indicated that this defect TPM-2121 in 1.3.1 of the Tableau output tool and that it is resolved in 1.4.0 of the tool:

Quote:

• "I searched further and I found we have another defect for this issue, where Tableau Output tool throws “Failed to append data to <data_source_name>” error, when large datasets are read in Designer. The defect ID is TPM-2121.

The fix version is on version 1.4.0. Please review the release notes here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/data-sources/tableau.html#idm46251722135520

I would recommend to install the latest version of Tableau tool and let me know if you have any issues."

aberry0613
8 - Asteroid

I am using version 1.4 and I am still getting this error

runpal
6 - Meteoroid

I am also using version 1.4 and getting this error

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

Could you use the regular output tool and set it to hyper output or do you want it on the server?

runpal
6 - Meteoroid

I found a workaround.
Used the Tableau input-tool, unioned and then chose 'overwrite' instead of 'append with the Tableau-output.

Not the best, but it is working for now

Labels