Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tableau Output Tool within a Macro

rachelreid4
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have been having issues uploading to my Tableau server with the new Tableau Output tool. I think part of the problem is that the tool is embedded within a macro. There are multiple data sources that need to be published; thus, I've created a macro to simplify the upload process.

Tableau Output Tool Error 2.21.24_2.png

I have similar macros but one in particular keeps failing mid-way through. There are 7 data sources (7 records) and records 1-4 have no issues uploading. However, I receive errors for 5-7. 

Tableau Output Tool Error 2.21.24.png

The macro itself is taking the inputs and updating the data source name and project ID values. Based on one community post, I have added multiple block until done tools throughout, but the errors remain. Additionally, I am using a DCM connection to the server.

Tableau Output Tool Error 2.21.24_3.png

Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you remove the BUDs? Also is AMP on - if so please turn it off? Does the macro work to ouptut to one tableau location? can you share the config of the two action tools in the macro?

rachelreid4
5 - Atom

I have removed the block until done tools. Likewise, I received an error that I needed the workflow have AMP on (both the macro workflow and the main workflow).

The action tools are configured as such. 

Macro Config #1.png

Macro Config #2.png

The Tableau output is configured as such. I am just replacing the data source name with the first action. and the project id (project location) with the second action.

Tableau Output Tool.png

I've been using this method for other macros I've created, but for some reason this stopped working. 

Labels