Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Supplier optimisation

murali_irivichetty
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx Guru's,

I am trying assign demand to the supplier who have least price, if the least price supplier doesn't have enough capacity to produce allocated demand and the rest of the demand has to allocate to the next least price supplier until demand is fully allocated. Demand = capacity

After allocating to all the suppliers if still demand remains, it should be named as unassigned

Under each Group their are many Countries and in each country has many Suppliers, the load has to assign to the suppliers who have least price ( 1st preference to the least price and assign max to his capacity and rest to the next least priced) in each countries

I tried using Multi-row formula but could not achieved expected output.

I have attached sample data with expected output.

Can someone help me here

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @murali_irivichetty 

I've attached the workflow which should fix the problem.

M.

Bulien

murali_irivichetty
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @mceleavey

It worked as expected.

Thank you very much.

Thanks,

Murali

murali_irivichetty
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @mceleavey,

I have updated the data with different group information and tried modifying the logic and but no luck.

Can you please check with the latest data.

Thanks,

Murali

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @murali_irivichetty ,

No problem, this just required the group to be added to sorting and running totals.

Try it now.

M.

Bulien

murali_irivichetty
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

Thank you, worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Murali 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Glad I could help.

Bulien

gsantos
7 - Meteor

Awesome job you did there @mceleavey .

I was thinking, do you think we could have an approach to this solution using the prescriptive optimization tool?

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gsantos ,

Absolutely. I've actually built stock modelling using the optimization tool before, but you obviously need to have the full datasets to allow for optimisation. This would usually include things like package dimensions, shelf-life etc. to use these as optimisation parameters.

M.

Bulien

gsantos
7 - Meteor

That's great @mceleavey !

Maybe you could help me on a challenge. I'm trying to utilize the optimization tool to maximize the production and stock of some materials.

The scenario is:

- I have three equipments: E3, E4 and E5

- These equipments produce the materials W, X, Y and Z

- The productivity of each material (which is measured in TON per HOUR) is different on each equipment

- We have 21 hours per day available for the equipments to run

- Each material have a minimum stock and a demand per day (which means everyday it should produce enough material to ship according to the daily demand and mantain a minimum)

- Each material have a maximum stock (which means that we cannot produce to much material we cannot stock).

The challenge here is basically define how many hours each equipment should produce of each material in order to attend the daily shipment demand and mantain the most stock per day.

We can, per example, produce the same material on two different equipments if the daily shipment demand for it is too high and/or the stock is too low.

I'm thinking the optimization tool would be usefull for this, or part of the solution, but if you have any other idea on how to get it done, feel free to point me on the right track!

I've gathered these informations in the XLSX spreadsheet attached to this comment so, if you feel like joining me and helping solve this challenge, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Labels