Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sumif formula replication

mibra036
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am new to Alteryx, so please do not mind it

I have two tables. In table 1 I have source data. In table 2, I am trying to do a SUMIF like function, where table 2 sums for the specific unique IDs from Total amount in table 1. Which tools can I use to to perform this function?

Table 1: 

It has a unique ID and total amount

mibra036_1-1677616728471.png

mibra036_0-1677616675952.png

6 REPLIES 6
WernerE
8 - Asteroid

Hello @mibra036  and welcome to Alteryx. You will soon love it!

The summarize tool should be able to do total sum's based on a unique ID. See attached. I suggest you right-click on the Summarize tool in the toolbar and view a few of the examples which will make you better understand the tool. It's a good idea to do this for all the tools in the start just to give you a better idea of what they all do. 

Below is a quick sum total using the summarize tool, using the Unique ID from your first table to "sumif" the totals for the unique id . Hope it helps. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1.jpg2.jpg

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@mibra036 similar to @WernerE solution

binuacs_0-1677621098178.png

mibra036
5 - Atom

Thank you both. I am still confused as to how it is summarizing for the specific values I want it to look for in table 2. I am attaching the spreadsheet so that you are able to see the formulas.

I have  data in two different workbooks and I am trying to sumif the values in one workbook from another workbook.

Table 2 is the the expected result

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@mibra036 you can join the summarised output to your second table will get the desired result

binuacs_0-1677624519549.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @mibra036 

Exploring 2 possibilities here.

Possibility 1. 

As it has been already mentioned that the values in Table 1 are Unique, I recommend to join both the tables with the Unique ID to get the expected output.

ShankerV_0-1677637441668.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @mibra036 

Possibility 2: If the table 1 contains the repeated ID, then please use summarize tool to Group by Unique ID.

Then Sum the Total amount.

ShankerV_0-1677639503864.png

ShankerV_1-1677639535521.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

Labels