Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Streamline process via Dynamic_Rename and Dynamic_Select

TomBock
8 - Asteroid

Hello:

I would like to get some assistance with streamlining an existing (sample) workflow using Dynamic_Rename and Dynamic_Select.

Background on Source Data (MDB):
- Current Alteryx workflow uses 3 tables: [110_SOURCE_DATA], [FIELDS_FF], [FIELDS_LK]
- Streamlined Alteryx workflow should only use 2 tables: [110_SOURCE_DATA], [999_FIELDS_FF_LK]

Existing Alteryx Process (Upper Process):
- Input_Data(1) is linked to data table [110_SOURCE_DATA] containing 7 fields/columns
- Input_Data(23) is linked to table [FIELDS_FF] containing 4 fields (incl. key field [CASE_NUMBER])
- Browse(28) outputs the 4 "FF" fields with their 5 records

Existing Alteryx Process (Lower Process):
- Input_Data(1) is linked to data table [110_SOURCE_DATA] containing 7 fields/columns
- Input_Data(2) is linked to table [FIELDS_LK] containing 4 fields (incl. key field [CASE_NUMBER])
- Browse(19) outputs the 4 "LK" fields with their 5 records

Summary of Streamlined Process:
- I still want to maintain the upper/lower process... and ultimately output the data as I currently do (just in a more efficient way)
- That is, instead of using 2 separate tables ([FIELDS_FF], [FIELDS_LK]), I want to link both Input_Data(23) AND Input_Data(2) to table [999_FIELDS_FF_LK]
- To push the FF and LK fields into the upper/lower flows (respectively), I would like to use the Boolean fields [FF] and [LK]
- Please note the key field [CASE_NUMBER] is marked as TRUE for both FF and LK

My question:
How do I need to modify the existing workflow so that I can use the single table [999_FIELDS_FF_LK] and use its Boolean fields ([FF], [LK]) to send the associated fields into either the upper OR the lower process?

Again, the actual output should be identical to the current output, except that I can use the single table vs. having to use 2 tables.

Note:
Please see attached "As-Is" and "To-Be" for illustration purposes.

1 REPLY 1
TomBock
8 - Asteroid

Solved by just selecting the desired fields in the SELECT tool.

Labels