Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Stop reading/loading Input data from second container before first container job is done.

cito
8 - Asteroid

Hello folks,

I have been trying to find a solution for my problem and I have tried generic "Block Until Done", then CReW Macros "Parallel Block Until Done" but still haven't resolved it.

So, what is the point?

Alteryx - Stop Until.JPG

As you can see from the picture, I have multiple input connections split in two containers ( 1 and 2).

Now, when I run the flow all Inputs start at the same time and this is my problem. I would like to "split" reading/loading data in two sections.

So, is it possible when I run the flow to load the data from container 1 and when it's done, then start with reading/loading the data from the second container?

Thank you in advance. 

31 REPLIES 31
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @cito 

In the video he is setting sql query from one column to one dynamic tool. You need to have multiple columns query1, query2, query3 & query4 in the text input tool and feed query1 to first dynamic tool, query2 to second dynamic tool so on.

Since the data is passing first to up it will complete first and later to down it will complete second.

Hope this helps 🙂

cito
8 - Asteroid

Hello folks,

Sorry for the late reply since I was on vacation, but finally I found a solution based on video that @atcodedog05 shared here.

So, I did a little bit different approach but it works for now 🙂

cito_0-1623760996231.png

Actually, the first step is "Text input", where I put "dummy" file/info, that one I am excluding latter and that's it.

Attached is the demo flow.

Again, thank you all for participating in this post and helping me.

Labels