Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Standard macro taking a long time to finish if used more than once in the same workflow.

bjprado16_spgi
6 - Meteoroid

Hello ,

Basically the title. I've been observing this in my workflows and I want to get some ideas on how to solve this.

My macro (connected to the macro input) gets the last year opportunity for a given salesforce opportunity. I made this into a macro because I've put some scenario handling and validation to ensure that I am getting the correct last year opportunity.

Now, I'm trying to create another macro to get the historical opportunities up to 2 or more years (ideally, 5) and I thought of using the macro I explained above over and over. In the screenshot, the one on top gets the last year opportunity for the given input, then the result will be passed on to the macro again to get the opportunity for year minus 2 and so on.

Problem is, it gets stuck on the succeeding years. In the screenshot below, it's been like that for 30 minutes already which I can't believe should be the case since it's just 4 records that I'm testing.

Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot.png

3 REPLIES 3
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

There could be some type of looping happening. Can you share/show what the inside of the macro looks like?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you confirm what version of Alteryx you are running - and confirm that you are running AMP? The next question would be if the data format shifts from the output of the first batch macro - the second batch macro. I've seen situations with AMP where rather than error out on standard errors (ie schema shifts) - it just runs forever. My hunch is that something like that is happening here. Without seeing the select tool and the the control parameter mapping and the batach macro you are runnning it's hard to say why this is happening.

bjprado16_spgi
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the replies. I found out what's causing this. It is like what Prometheus (how do I tag here? lol) suggested. I have multiple join tools inside the macro and I was able to solve this by ensuring that there are no Null values that will be joined to other Null values in another input. So if I have nulls in my Right input, I should make sure that I don't have nulls in my Left input.

Labels