Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Stacked XIRR Calcs

TommyGoodone
Météore

HI There,

sorry if this is the wrong thread for the post. I have a question regarding a somewhat complex logical problem I wish to solve.

in the attached file, I have some dummy data in four columns, being:

Client ID

Transaction ID

Date

Amount

I am trying to create a flow that will allow me to calculate the IRR for each transaction, where each transaction starts with a negative value and has the cash flows following it. Normally in Excel you can do this for a single cash flow, however in our business we'd be looking to perform this for a total of ~60k transactions with 700k rows in total. 

any idea what function I might use (I'm thinking the transaction ID) as a unique identifier to tell the formula/script where to start and finish in terms of creating an array, and then using that array to calculate the IRR, then outputting it somewhere in the format of:

Transaction ID               IRR

Thanks for any advice on this - loving the software so far, just want to see how far we can push it to automate some of our very manual processes

7 RÉPONSES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TommyGoodone ,

It would have been great if you could have clearly told us the IRR calculation.

But any ways i will give it a try.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TommyGoodone ,

Based on your description possible approaches can be

1. using a running total groupingby ClientID and TransactionID

Captu21.PNG

2. using running total for any other kind of calculation  groupingby ClientID and TransactionID

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Multi-Row-Formula/ta-p/82872

I have attached the workflow.

Hope this helps : )

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TommyGoodone ,

Please provide the desired output. So that i can build on those lines.

TommyGoodone
Météore

Thanks a bunch for this. it's certainly a step in the right direction.

In terms of the actual Calc - I've made some serious progress in Excel to simulate what I'll be intending to implement in Alteryx. Please see the attached file.

you'll see in Excel it's a pretty long formula which populates based on a spill formula to the left. it now works in Excel, so with your logic i think I can get it functioning in Alteryx 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @TommyGoodone ,

Happy to help : )

Pretty sure you can pull it off. All the best 👍

If you run into any roadblock you can reply back on this post.

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The summarise tool can do what you need:

jdunkerley79_0-1601621848988.png

Parse the date into an Alteryx DateTime

Group by Client, Transaction

There is an XIRR function within finance menu - select it on Amount and choose the datetime field for the date column

The table will be produced.

Sample attached 

TommyGoodone
Météore

Thanks so much for the help on this one guys. wonderful suggestions, which have not only helped me understand how to work the data (as a new user) but also solve the initial problem that I had posed.

Thanks!

Étiquettes