Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Splitting data to multiple columns

James01
6 - Meteoroid

I have a column All_ID's which has all id's added within that column using ; as a delimiter. The id's are listed as "243567679;A;46776757;B;e63428534;C" where "243567679" is A id, "46776757" is B id and etc. My goal is to split this data properly so that all A id's goes under A column, B id's goes under B column and C id's goes under C column. I split this data using Text to Column tool but I'm having an issue where Id's are getting mixed up when sometimes A, B or C id's are in different order or one of them missing.

I really need Alteryx community advice of this. Sample data attached.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Hi @James01

If you parse the data set to rows, then use the Multi-Row formula tool to identify the corresponding column name, you can then Cross Tab into the desired data table shape:

2.PNG 

James01
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much.

Labels