Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Removing duplicates with If conditions

MelGibson
7 - Meteor

Hi All

This should not be difficult but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I have almost a million rows of data that is joined between different systems. That part I have set up.

I have concatenated the unique identifiers to determine if the group has different settlements. If it has all the same settlement than I need only the first line and if they have different settlements then all need to be brought over. I am attaching a small sample the last input data (is an example of what the output should look like if I could get it to work).

The input is 29 and the output should be 17

I have had to do this in excel in batches but the output is usually around 30K rows of data vs the almost 1M.Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MelGibson, I put together a quick solution to replicate your output. Let us know if the approach is flexible enough on your larger dataset.

AbhilashR_0-1587756311448.png

I identify the first record for rows with repeated Settlement number by numbering the rows, and identifying the first record in it (min RecordID).

AbhilashR_1-1587756332846.png

Hope this helps.

MelGibson
7 - Meteor

Hi @AbhilashR  I tested on a smaller set and it worked. I am going to build it into my join and test it now. I will check back and if all is good I will accept as the solution. This is awesome though and I am going to have to learn Alteryx better as we just got our licenses. I look forward to seeing what I can do in it. Thanks again and I will be back when I put it with the 1M dataset.

MelGibson
7 - Meteor

@AbhilashR  It worked perfectly. I need to grasp an understanding of all the logics to the step so I can recreate as needed. I really appreciate your help. Have a very blessed day.

Labels