Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Spatial tool Problem - Polygon border overlap cannot be removed.

TsOz
5 - Atom

I removed duplicate polygons in Alteryx.
However, some of the adjacent parts of the duplicate polygons remained in a line shape and could not be completely deleted.
I have attached the WF. I need you to solve the trouble.

In the WF, I am trying to delete duplicate street polygons at the borders of Japanese prefectures.
However, it is not possible to delete them cleanly.
Previous -> Figure 1
After->Figure 2

fig1

TsOz_1-1662966280136.png

fig2

TsOz_2-1662966311200.png

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Have you tried adding a buffer to the line before using it to remove the overlap?

TsOz
5 - Atom

Thank you for your reply!

>Have you tried adding a buffer to the line before using it to remove the overlap?
I would like to understand how to add a buffer more.

What should I introduce the algorithm and add tools in this WF?

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I took some time to understand what you were trying to achieve and I believe I found the issue. You need to remove the overlap with the opposite PREF polygon. And I also had to use the buffer to increase the size of the polygon by 0.01324km (13.24m) to remove all instances where there was still an overlap. I reached this number by trying different values, this is the most precise I got.

Labels