Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharing workflow & files

RonitGupta
7 - Meteor

I am working on a workflow with multiple input and output files. I want to share and work with another colleague on the same workflow. Is there anyway to share the files & workflow. I tried packaged workflow solution but it is not working well. 

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@RonitGupta packaged is one way of sharing your workflows and associated files or macros, it should work another option is to deploy your work in the Gallery so that your colleagues can access the workflows

https://help.alteryx.com/20214/en/server/configure/system-settings/gallery.html#gallery

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RonitGupta 

When you are packaging the workflow, check in workflow assets whether it is including all the files that you want to share. Please note, Alteryx only packages the files and macros that are used in the workflow. Any file or macro that is either not used with direct reference, such as in case of directory tool feeding file paths to dynamic input or macro will not be packaged.

To include all the files that are not used in workflow (as mentioned above in directory tool scenario) what you can do is zip all the files together. Add a blob input tool in your workflow and read the zip file in the blob tool. You can put this blob tool inside a container and turn it off.

This blob tool will make sure that the zip file is packaged with the workflow. This works for any kind of file you want to package.

Hope that helps.

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RonitGupta ,

if that answers your question, please mark it as solved. Cheers!

Labels