Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharing Workflow to Another User with a License But results in directory error

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have designed a workflow for my team. The input is designed to be taken from my teams channel which I have synced on to my computer using one drive sync. But when I share the workflow with my teammate, while running the workflow gives an invalid directory error.

My workflow involves, taking input from my teams channel as well sending the outputs to the same teams channel as well.

The workflow works fine for me but I would like to find out how I can share my workflow with my colleagues and they would be also able to run the workflow that I have designed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt ,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes I have started the lessons on macros to help me understand how to utilize them and breakdown the workflow you have provided.

Does the output also need to configured the same way the input was in order to have it in the same teams channel?  

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Nithinpanicker If you save the workflow in the teams (sharepoint) folder, relative paths should work for you. I've done a similar thing with shared box drive paths and my coworkers have no issue.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I agree with @Luke_C SharePoint is a much cleaner option. If the outputs are to One Drive and your using the data output tool then yes though I would have a look at checking out the OneDrive tools see if they can provide a better solution: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/OneDrive-Tools/ta-p/877893?utm_content=en&... 

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C,

Thank you for your reply, Could you please explain how to set this up. I have tried going to options > advanced options > workflow dependencies. Selected the edit option and then selected relative. I can see that the filepath still has my username on it. I have attached a screenshot below for reference. 

What should I do in order to make the username in the filepath also relative?

Thanks.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Nithinpanicker 

Where is the workflow itself saved? Looks like somewhere outside of the folder. If you keep the workflow in the same folder the relative option should result in it being able to be ran by anyone. It also avoids issues with versioning between team members

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C,

Yes you are right, initially the workflow location was different from the inputs. I did not realize relative paths had a direct relation to the location of the workflow. Now that I have moved the workflow, the relative paths seem to be working. 

Thank you for your help. :)

Nithin

Labels