Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to run multiple json inputs and generate multiple json outputs in a single workflow

jakaur32
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I am currently trying to run a workflow with a single input json file and getting a single output json file. Now I want to run multiple input json files and get multiple different output json files from the same workflow.

The name convention of my Input files are :
1) ABCJSON_F123.json
2) ABCJSON_A31N.json
3) ABCJSON_INDEPENDENT.json
4) ABCJSON_HG56.json
5) ABCJSON_V123L.json

From the above list, I only want to generate results for 1,2,4 & 5 files individually in json format

Expected Output:
1) Output_F123.json
2) Output_A31N.json
4) Output_HG56.json
5) Output_V123L.json

Can you please help me with the kinds of tools that I should be using to generate such outputs. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @jakaur32,

I think you want to use this setup:

IraWatt_0-1654795855802.png

Essentially append to each row which file they should go in. Filter off the file you don't want then using the data output tool output multiple files using the settings above. The attached workflow should work for you.

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jakaur32!

Did @IraWatt's solution work for you?

jakaur32
8 - Asteroid

No, it didn't.. first problem is that i am dealing with so many files which may have other files names that would need to be excluded. Abcjson_indepentdent was just a sample. Image having other files with completely differnt names. So i am only retaining the files which follow the format of 1,2,4,5 files. Lastly, i am still not getting individual output files at the end.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @jakaur32, try this.

1.  You can use the directory tool to read the files from a specific folder.
2.  Then use the RecordID tool to give IDs to the record.
3.   And then filter the records 1,2,4,5 by using the filter tool.

4. For reading the data from the files you can use a dynamic input tool or can create a macro if the schema of the files is different. (Depends on the use case of the user)

5. Use the Formula tool to create a new path where you want to store the files.

5. Use the output tool with the below configurations to store files.

grazitti_sapna_1-1655095577198.png

I hope this helps!

In case of any queries please reach out to us. Happy to help.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels