Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint Output removes ALL tabs formatting

bcirka
6 - Meteoroid

Hey all, trying to use the Sharepoint File Output tool to overwrite a tab (called "Investment Variance") in a file on sharepoint.  The data is overwritten successfully, however, all the formatting (including cell drop-downs) in OTHER tabs is removed.

Below are my settings.  Any idea what's causing this behavior?

bcirka_0-1672246161788.png

3 REPLIES 3
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @bcirka 

What version of Designer are you on (Help --> About in Designer)?

1) Can you confirm which version of the tool you are using? 

Client machine (non admin install) - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools

Server Machine (Admin install) - C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools

If you aren't using the latest version of the tool, I would recommend installing the latest version - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Sharepoint-Tools/ta-p/877903

2) Does this issue occur for all files or is it related to this file only?

3) Does this issue occur when using the 'By Field' option instead of 'By Sheet Name'?

I would recommend logging a support ticket by reaching out to support@alteryx.com 

bcirka
6 - Meteoroid

1)

Alteryx Version: 2022.1.1.30961

Sharepoint Tool Version: 2.2.0

2)

Haven't tested on another file yet

3)

Issue occurs when using BOTH "By Field" and "By Sheet Name"

I'll log a support ticket...thinking its a bug.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @bcirka 

Can you attempt to try the previous version of the tool to see if the same issue occurs?

Labels