Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharepoint List input tool error - Not well formatted JSON stream

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to read in a Sharepoint List on Alteryx Designer. I tried out two different configurations -

1. Online/ Office 365 - I have put in the necessary info like URL, email address, password, but on running it, I get an error that states - Not well formatted JSON stream. 
  2. App only authentication - I have put in all the necessary information here including client key, secret, etc., but I get an error that access is denied. 

I did try it on the Sharepoint file input tool to input the list, and it worked out fine on designer. So Alteryx can definitely access the SP list. But there are some issues running this tool on Gallery, so I am looking to use the Sharepoint list input tool. 

Any thoughts on this? 

5 REPLIES 5
dtrink01
5 - Atom

Did this ever get a resolution? I have encountered the exact same issue.

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I did. There are some developer machine changes I had to do in the registry editor. Then if I upload the workflow from my machine, it will work for everyone on Gallery! @dtrink01 

Aurora90
5 - Atom

what kind of machine changes?

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Follow the steps to create the registry key and let me know if it works! :)

(Ref - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/OneDrive-Tools/ta-p/877893) :

1. You must be admin privileges;
  2. The PythonAllowHideEncryption key must be set on each user’s machine, as well as on all Worker nodes. Worker nodes must also have the tools (in this case, Sharepoint Files Input) installed.  The process is the same for a non-Admin install on the user's machine as it is for an Admin install.
    1. Create Key
    Administrators will need to create a new string value PythonAllowHideEncryption under the Alteryx Registry Key:

1. Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx
      Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption
      Value Data: true
    2. Steps to create the new key:
      1. Type regedit in Windows Start Menu
      2. Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx
      3. Right click and select New > String Value
      4. Set the KeyName to PythonAllowHideEncryption and the Value to true
Aurora90
5 - Atom

Hi Paulomi,

I did all the steps from your instruction. And it still doesn't work.

I mean, I still receive such "not well formatted JSON stream" error :/

Labels