Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint List being truncated

ahmadou
5 - Atom

Hello I've got a sharepoint list and whenever I connect it it's truncating a few of my columns, and when I try to change the size via the "select" tool it's not allowing me to. These are VW_String type fields so I'm not sure why I'm being given a limit as is. I've looked through the forum and none of the answers in other threads work for me, I'm not able to export the list as an excel due to my company's policy on downloading things. 

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Please can you share some screen shots to showcase what exactly your issue is.

In the results window Alteryx only shows a preview of your data, and this includes truncating long text strings as to not use up too much memory. If you use a browse tool do you then get the full string as expected? If so, there is no truncation actually occuring and your data will be passed to your output as you would expect.

The below screenshots hopefully illustrate this for you. In the 2nd, where I have used a browse tool, I'm now simply being warned that the cell contains a long string, but no truncation is actually occurring. 

^ this is usually the issue from my experience.

BenMoss_0-1615597558628.png

BenMoss_1-1615597592486.png

Changing the size in the select tool will have no effect, if your data is already truncated then you can't just increase the size as the data will already be gone. 

ahmadou
5 - Atom

See attached for screenshots.

The browse field still shows that everything's truncated. I showed the error and the output. 

For example, error type field says "AlreadyDelivere" It's supposed to say "AlreadyDelivered" but it's truncated.

Labels