Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sharepoint List MetaData

llue
5 - Atom

I have created a workflow that pulls from a SharePoint list. One column is coming through as Fixed Decimal with a size of 18.0. The column in Sharepoint is defined as NUMERIC with 0 decimal. Sample values stored are 100%, 98%, 37%,... When the data is read into Alteryx, the browse tool is showing 1s and 0s for that column. If the Sharepoint list is expored to Excel, the column shows 100%, 98%, 37%.  How can I override the metadata from Fixed Decimal to Double or another type to allow the data to be read correctly into Alteryx?  

2 REPLIES 2
JoeHerbert
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @llue please could you upload a sample workflow to show the steps your taking currently? 

llue
5 - Atom

My workflow is pretty simple at this point trying to figure out the issue.  I read a Sharepoint list, add in a select tool to isolate the field in question and then a browse tool to view all the records.

llue_0-1636555260493.png

The metadata of the field is fixed decimal 18.0 and the resulting values in the column is 1s, 0s, nulls

llue_1-1636555367829.png

When I pull the same Sharepoint list into Power BI, it shows more then 1s, 0s, nulls:

llue_2-1636555652799.png

The Sharepoint List field has the following attributes:

llue_3-1636555938095.png

Labels