Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sending email

kamals83
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community,

Good morning, I am a new user to Alteryx platform , we have a requirement

1.To send mails to end users based on a excel sheet that has rows of data that needs to be filtered based on No response column

2.Each user mail will have unique attachment

3.After sending mail we have to follow up after 5 days with the mail trial of the first reminder(step 1)

Please help me to know is this possible in alteryx

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@kamals83 Yes, it is possible. I did something similar for hundreds of different users and specific attachments for each one of them.

1. You must have one unique base where you have the information that you need to send for each user, with a column with the email of each user.

2. You gonna save one specific excel file for each user, with one specific name using the formula + block until done + output taking the name of the file from the formula tool. After that, this file path will be passed to the email tool as parameter.

3. You can do that manually or saving the datetime of the current message into a table.

Be aware that you must test this a lot, after sending emails to hundreds of people you will not be able to delete them. This must be done right or you gonna need to send messages to people to not consider the message.

You can see a example of how to to number 1 and 2 on the attached file.

Good luck.

kamals83
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the response and the alteryx file however my requirement is the excel files attachment for each mail will have rows from the master file and row of data for each attachment will be based on the each user. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @kamals83 

1)Yes, with the combination of the formula tool + output tool with the proper configs, you gonna have one different file for each user

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1663961155144.png

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1663961142183.png

2)With the combination of the formula tool + email tool, the receiver of the message will get only his file attached.

Felipe_Ribeir0_4-1663961275709.png

Labels