Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sending an Email on different dates to the task owner.

stj1120
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

In the dataset there is a unique ID column and each ID has two date fields. I'm defining the SLA for each ID. SLA is defined by doing the difference between 'Date from' and 'Date to' fileds. Instead of doing the difference I generated the dates individually that are in between 'Date from' and 'Date to' and then assigned a unique number for each date.

I don't know now how to trigger the email if the SLA has different values.

Scenario:

If the SLA reaches 3 days from the date value present in 'Date from' date then an email should be sent to the owner handling that task. That means SLA 3rd day and today should be the same day. Then only email should be triggered as an excel attachment with the data that is there only in that particular record.

Again if SLA reaches 4 days one more email should be sent. Like wise, if the SLA of that ID is increasing daily until the 'Date to' date every day an email should be sent to the owner.

Please check and help me how to do this. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

teja. 

1 REPLY 1
JRBeaudry
8 - Asteroid

Hello !

I assume you run the workflow every day. So I don't think it's necessary to add the dates between the "Date from" and "Date to" fields to follow where you are.

I use a filter tool to find out if today is in the date range and if the result is true, then it's time to send an e-mail! :email:

2024-03-08 21_23_40-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow6.yxmd_.jpg

I hope this help!

Labels