Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Semi Monthly Payroll Process stopped calculating correctly and Update Value Action

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

Process takes 2 spreadsheets, calcs the time from prior 3 weeks to add onto current months timesheet to make sure OT is calculated correctly.  When I run this is an Analytic App, it doesn't seem to recognize the dates I am putting in.  All of a sudden, the process has started adding in an October 8th date of hours that I am not understanding where they came from.  I realize this is very specialized but I am at my wit's end trying to figure out where the Oct 8th date is coming from.  Thanks in advance for looking at this!

3 REPLIES 3
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

I believe these are your culprits.

filter.PNG

You were filtering for null employee ids, but not invalid ones. Try this formula in the filter tool and it should remove them.

!IsNull([EmployeeID]) and [EmployeeID]!="Emp. ID"

If they are always numeric, a regex expression would be better incase they decide to use Emply. ID or something else next month.

REGEX_Match([EmployeeID],"\d+") 

ewassell
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for this!! This solved the first part of the problem!  Any chance you can figure out why the dates aren't reading in correctly if run as an app?

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

Sorry about that. That part slipped past me.

I believe its your action tools setup that needs to be updated. Instead of having it update everything as it is currently setup. Drill down and focus on just the formula that needs updating.

Currently looks like this.

original.PNG

I suggest having it setup to look like this instead. The highlighted field is the one it will focus in on.

suggested.PNG

Labels