Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Selection

M-H
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone, 

Is it normal that when I select cells/ columns or anything really, from the preview window (see pic), it does not show me a count number for what I selected?  Thank you for your help :-)

Screenshot 2022-10-24 005620.png

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Yes, that's normal.  You can add a suggestion for new functionality under Participate > Ideas > Designer.

Chris

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@M-H  Yes this is normal. As Chris mentioned you could suggest this as an enhancement. For record count, you can see the total record count at the top right of your tool as well.

M-H
6 - Meteoroid

@gautiergodard

thank you for your suggestion, but I don't seem to figure out where are you referring to (top right of the tool)?  because I am not using a tool, I am just selecting few lines from the result window, to count them. you know what I mean?

If you have a trick, please show me 😁.

thank you again!

M-H
6 - Meteoroid

thank you @ChrisTX , I did submit the idea now 😁 hopefully they take it into consideration soon.

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

@M-H what i was referring to was at the top of the results window (in your screenshot) you can see the total number of records passing through the tool.

Unfortunately however, the ability to count a subset of row by hovering is not possible at this time.

Hope this helps!

M-H
6 - Meteoroid

oh ok, yes that I am aware of. thx @gautiergodard

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Yes, the record which is selected only will be displayed in the Cell Viewer as per your screenshot.

The number of items selected are not displayed and if the selected are Numeric data types, you can request to display the sum, average and few other highly used in your enhancement request.

Thanks in advance.

Labels