Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Selecting specific input file from Directory

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have 12 containers on my workflow each input has specific input naming convention, I want to select particular input files from the data.

For example:

1st container workflow pick only txt file with name contains AF
2nd container workflow pick only txt file with name contains AH

3rd container workflow pick only txt file with name contains AI

4th container workflow pick only txt file with name contains AG

5th container workflow pick only txt file with name contains AL etc.,

Every time folder path is different, is it possible to give input option to select the folder path. Please do the needful.

Thanks

Dhilip

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Dhilip_Kumar 

You can use the Directory Tool and select Include Subdirectories. The path should be a folder that contains (at some level) the files you want to import.

Then filter the filename `contains([Filename], 'AF')` for example.

Then pass this to a Dynamic Input Tool.

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks you Philip. I tried that however I was not able to use interface tools to select the folder to run all the workflows, i am not able to paste the path as well. Please do the needful. Can i expect sample workflow for this to get an idea.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards

Dhilip

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What interface tools? Can you share a screenshot of the current state of your entire workflow first please. Is it planned to be published to server?

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Yes Philip, it is planned to be publish to server. here is my workflow. Please do the needful.

Labels