Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Segregation of Duties

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

Hi All: I am reaching out for a help.

The goal here is to find out if the same person who submit an purchase order also approves the same purchase order. Hence, its a fail due to the segregation of duties issues. (You will notice in the below table that transaction # 4 is an anomaly).

You will notice that Transaction # 1 (Alan submit the PO and Dani approves it) which is fine.

Same thing on Transaction # 2 (Carl submit the PO and Alex and Fred approves it). Same applies to Transaction 3. 

The goal is to identify if I have anomalies similar to transaction 4. 

Appreciate if you could provide any workflow. 

Thank you in advance. 

Approval Action Approval sequence Approval sequence 1Approval sequence 2Approval sequence 3Approval sequence 4
Transaction 1submit; approveAlan; DaniAlanDani--
Transaction 2submit; approve;approveCarl;Alex;FredCarlAlexFred-
Transaction 3submit; approve;approve;approveMark;Mauris;Jilbert;MagiMarkMaurisJilbertMagi
Transaction 4submit; approveAlan S.Alan S.---
8 REPLIES 8
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hussein982 

Could you provide more examples (if possible, all possible examples) of what you would consider a fraud?

For this specific case of the Transaction 4, an easy way of knowing if something is a fraud is to see if the cell contains ;. If there is no ; there is no registered approval sequence.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1675192945126.png

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0  thank you so much for your prompt answer. 

What would be considered a fraud or an exception is that the same person is submitting and approving a Purchase Order. The submission person has be completely different than the person who is approving a PO. 

Approval SequenceApproval Action Result
Der, benjaminSubmit, approvePass
Sami, Ali;Fadi;TamerSubmit, approve, approvePass
philip S,Dani,philip S,phlip SSubmit, approve, submit,approveFail

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 I appreciate if you Could you please send me the actual workflow. The one attached in your previous message was just a picture. 

Thank you Felipe.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hussein982 

Sorry, now i understood. Try the attached workflow

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1675195259881.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

-

Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0  This is very much helpful. It worked out for what I am trying to achieve. Appreciate your help. Definitely the second workflow was way easier :) 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Hussein982 

i deleted the second workflow from here after seeing that it is possible to have more than 1 submit and it would be ok. This means that the count alone is not enough. If this is the case. the first workflow is more correct i believe.

Approval SequenceApproval Action Result
Der, benjaminSubmit, approvePass
Sami, Ali;Fadi;TamerSubmit, approve, approvePass
philip S,Dani,philip SSubmit, approve, submitPass
Hussein982
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 I agreed Felipe and I managed to use the first workflow efficiently. Appreciate taking the time to help and solve the issue.

Labels