Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Oracle Client Error Connection

AntlRo
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I try to connect to an Oracle client database to extract data from but I keep getting an error that it cannot find my oracle client. I tried setting my path as such below and I still get the error it cannot find it.

- The wierd thing is in the user settings when I set the user path and try to install again it removes the user settings file path. 

"C:Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine\<ALTERYX VERSION>\UserSettings.xml

There you need to look for the following line and put your oracle client path:

<OracleInstantClientInstallPath NoInherit="False">C:\ProgramData\instantclient_12_1\</OracleInstantClientInstallPath>"

end result is I would like to connect to an Oracle DB using quick connect without having to remove and reinstall everything. 

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @AntlRo ,

Please go to the quick connect option on the input tool and select a new and blank folder for the oracle client to be downloaded.

fmvizcaino_0-1668438953246.png

Let me know if this works. If not, we can go ahead with a different process.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Jafar
7 - Meteor

@fmvizcaino 
I have tried every possible way.
Even change the user settings.
Still, I am unable to download.
I have checked with the IT team they have given all access to the folder.

Jafar_0-1675254818499.png

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Jafar ,

Take a look on this tutorial. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Connect-to-an-Oracle-Databas...

The option D says to:

Note: The install directory will be saved with the user settings and will only be visible to the user who installed the client. If you are installing this on a server or as an admin for another user on the machine, you should download the client directly from Oracle  ( Instant Client Downloads for Microsoft Windows (x64) 64-bit  ) and follow the installation instructions provided by them at the bottom of the page

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels