Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Schema does not exist error, when writing to a DB

Zaruba_6
6 - Meteoroid

I have had a workflow that connects to a db table and appends new data to that same table.  The workflow has successfully run for month, until just recently.  My connection tests are successful and I can extract data from the database and schema, however, when my workflow progresses to write back to that same table I am getting a schema does not exist error.

I have rebuilt the workflow from the ground up, updated my connection leveraging a new driver, and even tried to use one workflow for the output and another for the write back.  The issue has persisted after all those attempts to address so hoping someone may have another idea.

Thank you,

Troy Zaruba (Novice)

6 REPLIES 6
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Zaruba_6,

What kind of database are you connecting to? and what type of connection are you using? 

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

Please share you workflows and screen shots [redacted as necessary] of your database connections [ODBC, etc]. Most likely your probem is with the configuation of either the connection or the Output widget.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

What is your DB source - are you sure you have your datastream out/write in-db properly configured? If this is Snowflake - Schema is a sub-DB level grouping - not a schematic layout of fields. If you are omitting it that could be an issue. Likewise if the WRITE in your connection in Manage In-DB is incorrectly configured this also could be a problem.

Zaruba_6
6 - Meteoroid

Ira,

I am using an ODBC connection to a NetezzaSQL database.  The workflow has worked flawlessly for months and now, while I can connect to the database to extract data, when I try to append to the same table I get the schema does not exist error.

TZ

Zaruba_6
6 - Meteoroid

@IraWatt I am using a ODBC connection to a Netezza DB.  My connection works perfectly as I use the same ODBC on the front of the workflow to pull the data in,  It's when I try to write back to the DB ( no permissions have changed) that Alteryx is throwing the Error: Write Data In-DB (24): Error SQLPrepare: ERROR: Schema 'FCBEDM' does not exist.

I cannot for the life of me understand why, as the workflow has run just fine for months prior to this happening.

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

You mention that no permissions have changed but have you double checked that you still have write access within the DB itself (not using Alteryx)?

Labels