Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Scheduler - Workflows allowed to run simultaneously

Jbone
8 - Asteroid

In the Scheduler, I am trying to set the number of workflows allowed to run simultaneously to 1. 
When I go into the System Settings it is set at 2. I change the number to 1 and click Next to page through the rest of the system settings. When I reach the end I click Done. When I come back to screen shown below the number has reverted back to 2. How do I get it to stay at 1?

Thanks

Jbone_0-1659382317468.png

2 REPLIES 2
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Right now you aren't checking the box for allowing simultaneous runs, so it doesn't become a factor. If you allow simultaneous then obviously 2 is going to be a minimum since 1 isn't a simultaneous number. 

Jbone
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply Watermark, that makes sense. 
However, what made me question this setting to begin with was that in the scheduler queue there is sometimes more than 1 workflow running at the same time. For instance a workflow that is scheduled at 8:45 am is still running at 9:00 am and the workflow scheduled for 9:00 am starts running before the previous workflow is complete. 

It is my understanding that in this instance the 9:00 am workflow should not start until the previous workflow completes. This doesn't occur all the time, but I see it occasionally. 

Labels