Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Scheduler Running an Hour Early

tdsanalytics
7 - Meteor

I upgraded to 2023.2.1.7 last week in Designer Desktop, after the switch of daylight savings time. My scheduled workflows now run an hour earlier than they are scheduled. Nothing has changed in the computer settings re: time zone. And the displayed time on the computer time matches the actual time.

I have tried:

• Deleting and rescheduling a workflow. Still runs an hour earlier than what shows in the Scheduler.
  • Restarting the computer
  • Restarting the Alteryx service

Is there another setting in the configuration files that will fix this issue? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @tdsanalytics 

What is the setting on the schedule? I've seen this issue on the gallery as well and it comes down to the time zone on the schedule. For example where I am in NY, EST and EDT does make a difference. If the schedule is set to EDT then it will run as if it's always daylight savings time. 

tdsanalytics
7 - Meteor

Hi, @Luke_C. There is no time zone setting on the schedule. Here is an example.

Screenshot 2023-11-20 082401.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-20 083009 New.jpg

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Gotcha, then I'm not too sure. 

Michael_Smith_SC
6 - Meteoroid

I'm looking for an answer on this as well. Majority of our schedules are based on other prerequisites and now they are all failing because they are running an hour earlier than they should.  

henryzheng
5 - Atom

Hi, I am having this issue in my Gallery today. I am in Toronto. No matter which timezone (NY, EST, Toronto) I select, it's always running one hour earlier. Do you know why?

elocke
7 - Meteor

Same issue here with the same version. Really need a fix for this as we have a lot of established processes that are now compromised, and we'd like to avoid reworking all of them.

Manderzrules
6 - Meteoroid

We upgrade to Server 2023.2.1.51 on 1/16 and are also experiencing this issue. The schedules are set in America/Chicago timezone, but running an hour before they are scheduled to run.

Example:

Occurrence:

Days/Weeks: at 7:00 AM on every day of the week (America/Chicago)

Completed at 6:00AM...

Hi,

The issue is a known defect in 2023.2.
TGAL-9200 Schedules running an hour earlier than the scheduled time
There is no current workaround other than scheduling an hour later than expected.
The fix for this daylight saving issue will be introduced in 2024.1.
For now, please reset the schedules that are impacted to be 1 hour later.

The issue is a known defect in 23.2, "TGAL-9200 Schedules running an hour earlier than scheduled time"

The fix for this daylight saving issue is expected in 24.1.

Workaround:

Option -- The following workaround may help but is not correcting the issue on all Servers.

• On Server: turn off the Windows Date & Time setting to 'Adjust for daylight saving time automatically'
  • Restart Server
  • Reschedule the workflow

Option -- Schedule the workflow an hour later (or earlier) so it runs at the intended time.  Note that this will need to be adjusted back after this issue is resolved.

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Schedules-running-an-hour-earlier-than-scheduled-time-...

Labels