Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Save multiple excel files by vba script in Alteryx

Wojtek_Dz
8 - Asteroid

Hi, as above could someone help me to configure run command tool + vba code to save multiple excel to 1 new one ?

Thanks !

5 REPLIES 5
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

Could you bring them into one flow and then output them using one outputtool instead?

Wojtek_Dz
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai  no I want to avoid it.

I know that it is possible to do it by VBA macro, but I don't know how to configure it in Alteryx.

Raj
15 - Aurora

@Wojtek_Dz 
one possible is you can convert your VBA script to python using AI and use it.

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

What you are looking for is VB script, vba by itself cannot run as it’s a part of an application so efficiency would be low even if it works, whereas you can run VB script independently. It is same but since it is outside the application the syntax becomes more specific. 

Now how do you run it;

you need to have your vb script saved as a .vbs

then trigger it using wscript.exe/cscript.exe as command. See which one of the .exe file works for you.

command argument will be location of your .vbs file

Wojtek_Dz
8 - Asteroid

Hi All. I found the solution for my case. I created code in powershell (script). Then I created *.bat file (script_bat) which is using this powershell code. Now I can use it (script_bat) in run command tool or in event mode. If someone need more details I can share it here.

Labels