Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SOS0318 - Report Text Tool HTML passthrough

giulianosua1
7 - Meteor

Hi Guys,

Trying to create a a dynamic link, where you have the name of the client and you can click on it. 

For example Alteryx the problem is that the link I want to use is not a web link but a link to an internal system. Now alteryx is detecting it and putting in front "HTTP/". 

I have done what it is suggested in other tools which is: 

<htmlpassthrough>

[Client Name]|[Client URL]

<htmlpassthrough>

The above stops from Alteryx adding Https, but this stops becoming a dynamic Name and rather you see

Alteryx|en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alteryx

Which is not what I want. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think if you have:

<htmlpassthrough><![CDATA[<a href="[Client URL:A]">[Client Name:A]</a>]]></htmlpassthrough>

it will render an HTML link for you.

giulianosua1
7 - Meteor

Thanks! I am not sure if the following is relevant:

- the ultimate output of my workflow is an email, when I generate an email on your workflow you will see that there is no actual link, what it does, it uses the name of the field as a link.  

(if you click on the link of your workflow the link is: "%5bClient%20URL%5d")

giulianosua1
7 - Meteor

Thanks! @jdunkerley79  Unfortunately, your solution did not work completely. 

- the ultimate output of my workflow is an email, when I generate an email on your workflow you will see that there is no actual link, what it does, it uses the name of the field as a link.  

(if you click on the link of your workflow the link is: "%5bClient%20URL%5d")

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I tried on mine again and indeed got the empty result.

If you use:

<a href="[Client URL:A]">[Client Name:A]</a>

as the expression - the email tool on mine worked. Likewise rendered PDF came out correctly

Updated sample attached,

Labels