Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run same workflow across all sheets in an excel simultaneously

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi Community, 

I have worked on a file and I wanted an output of all employee scores in different sheets. Sheets are named on their names. I have to copy 3 rows at the very last of the existing fields. These needs to be done on all sheets separately. And the output must be in different sheets only.

Please help me in this. I just want this needs to be done and hopefully my project will complete.

I have attached a screenshot for your reference. 

In this workflow, I have taken one sheet of the main file as an input and have done following editing. I want this same thing to be ran on all the sheets separately. 

Please help if possible. 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @avisingh96 

Sort of guessing here based off what you've provided, but assuming the sheets within the excel have the same schema then something like this could work:

image.png

The initial input just imports a list of sheet names and the file path, after which we can create full paths to feed into the dynamic input (where schema needs to match). Then the table can be grouped by the sheet. I can't tell from the picture what the second input is supposed to do so mine is just a placeholder but if it's dealing with the '3 rows at the very last of the existing fields' I wouldn't expect it to mess it up.

You can render to multiple named excel sheets by following the steps in this blog: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/How-to-Render-to-Multiple-Named-Excel-Sheets/ba-p/1015...

If the schemas aren't the same then you would need something different.

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi @JamesCharnley

II think this could work. 

What I understood from your solution is based on the file paths we can again get an output in different sheets based on Employee Names. This is the same I used previously as well. I am not sure if Render tool will help me get this kind of output because it was muvh easier with the output tool. 

And yes, Schema of all the sheets are exactly same and even the rows that needs to be stacked below the existing data has same schema too. 

Hope this works. Will try and let u know.. 

Thanks. 

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@avisingh96 

You should be able to get the same functionality with the render tool as the output, but if you want to output reporting snippets such as a table you have to use a render.

Hope it works, good luck!

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Thanks @JamesCharnley

The link that you shared worked as a charm. 

This was the exact thing I required. 

Thanks a lot mate!! 

Labels