Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run a worksheet with multiple filters one by one and get multiple outputs

Tuxy
5 - Atom

Hello,

I need to run about 100 filters one by one and get 100 outputs. How can I automate this process?

Thanks a lot!

example.png

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Can you say more? From the screenshot it looks like you're doing a lot of filters and then unioning the true results? What are you filtering on? Is the criteria changing? What needs to be automated?

Tuxy
5 - Atom

The inputs are the 4 transaction sheets and cash flow sheets. The 4 filters are the same and they are a contract number. I filter them by one contract number and union the results together, so I get the information about that contract number. After that, I want to filter another contract number and get transaction information about that contract number. There is an excel file containing the contract numbers and I need to filter them one by one.

Basically, I need to just change the filter and get multiple results in the same workflow. And I'm trying to automate the process of changing filters.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Tuxy That's helpful. It sounds like you would want to look into a batch macro where you would use the contract number as the parameter. Essentially the macro would take each number one at a time, do what you need to it, then go get the next one and repeat. Below is a training on this. If you share some data and your expected results someone on the community might help mock it up too.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Creating-a-Batch-Macro/ta-p/657923

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Tuxy!

Just wanted to add that if you upload your workflow with some dummy data and your desired output, I'm sure we can help.

Tuxy
5 - Atom

That's quite helpful! Thanks a lot!

Labels