Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Run a worksheet with multiple filters one by one and get multiple outputs

Tuxy
5 - Atom

Hello,

I need to run about 100 filters one by one and get 100 outputs. How can I automate this process?

Thanks a lot!

example.png

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Can you say more? From the screenshot it looks like you're doing a lot of filters and then unioning the true results? What are you filtering on? Is the criteria changing? What needs to be automated?

Tuxy
5 - Atom

The inputs are the 4 transaction sheets and cash flow sheets. The 4 filters are the same and they are a contract number. I filter them by one contract number and union the results together, so I get the information about that contract number. After that, I want to filter another contract number and get transaction information about that contract number. There is an excel file containing the contract numbers and I need to filter them one by one.

Basically, I need to just change the filter and get multiple results in the same workflow. And I'm trying to automate the process of changing filters.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Tuxy That's helpful. It sounds like you would want to look into a batch macro where you would use the contract number as the parameter. Essentially the macro would take each number one at a time, do what you need to it, then go get the next one and repeat. Below is a training on this. If you share some data and your expected results someone on the community might help mock it up too.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Creating-a-Batch-Macro/ta-p/657923

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Tuxy!

Just wanted to add that if you upload your workflow with some dummy data and your desired output, I'm sure we can help.

Tuxy
5 - Atom

That's quite helpful! Thanks a lot!

Labels