Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Retrieving a record count (counter) and sending email for every record count change

Lady_B
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there. 

Fairly new user here. 

I would like to send myself an email from my WF if my record count increases by 1 or more. Currently, I have my data in an Alteryx table using the table tool. I have my email tool setup also. I'm not quite sure how to tell it 

IF [row_count] = [row_count] + n

THEN send me an email

ELSE don't send me an email

Is there a row counter of some sort I could use? Screenshot attached. 

Thanks, SB

5 REPLIES 5
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lady_B ,

Do you mean to send an email when the record count has increased compared to the result of the last run?

If then, you need to save the record count at every run. So you read the previous record count and compere it.

I made simple mockup.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1636856735204.png

If you have any question, let me know.

Lady_B
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you. I am trying this now. I do have one question. 

The "read previous count" input tool, how do I create the counter.yxdb? Is that created at runtime?

Lady_B
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you. I am trying this now. I do have one question. 

The "read previous count" input tool, how do I create the counter.yxdb? Is that created at runtime?

Lady_B
6 - Meteoroid

I think I figured it out. I have to run it so that the output tool creates the counter.yxdb. Now I have to wait to see if this works. 

It would be a bonus if I could get the data table to only grab the newly added records instead of all the records. Any idea how to do this. 

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lady_B ,

When the first running, you need to make Counter.yxdb by using another workflow.

Or you want to use the same workflow at first running, you can do it by using batch macro(It is a little complex).

AkimasaKajitani_0-1636935076265.png

Batch macro

AkimasaKajitani_1-1636935098899.png

Labels