Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Request help with applying logic in Alteryx

duttaabhishek
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a dataset with the input data in Column A and Column B. I want alteryx to compare both the results and apply the results as per column C by creating a new column. 

The alteryx need to apply a result as per column C if both COlumn A and COlumn B are matching. 

I have tried with FInd replace tool but failed. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@duttaabhishek Can you provide some expected result?

duttaabhishek
7 - Meteor

Hi.... The dataset in COlumn A (Profit Centre) and Column B (Company Code) is the  Input.

The data provided in COlumn C (Expected Country Name) is the "Expected Result"..

The Alteryx need to check COlumn A and COlumn B and map the appropriate Results as per COlumn C. 

(The Input Dataset from the Excel file is the COlumn A and COlumn B. 

Matt_D
10 - Fireball

@duttaabhishek  as above, I cannot work out your logic.  What for instance determines row 6 to be China, rows 31 & 32 to be INTERNATIONAL HUB, etc. You say "matching" but what is meant to match?

usmanbashir
11 - Bolide

@duttaabhishek - Please see attached workflow. In the workflow, you'll see that I included your input file twice. I did that replicate a scenario where you don't have the expected output yet. Then you map accordingly to get your expected field. Hope this helps!

duttaabhishek
7 - Meteor

Hi ... sorry about that....

Actually in the excel the Column A and Column B is the Input dataset. And column C is the Expected Result (Output).

I want alteryx to Check column A and Column B and if both the condition satisfies within a Row it will display the result as per column C. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels