Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Request help with applying logic in Alteryx

duttaabhishek
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a dataset with the input data in Column A and Column B. I want alteryx to compare both the results and apply the results as per column C by creating a new column. 

The alteryx need to apply a result as per column C if both COlumn A and COlumn B are matching. 

I have tried with FInd replace tool but failed. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@duttaabhishek Can you provide some expected result?

duttaabhishek
7 - Meteor

Hi.... The dataset in COlumn A (Profit Centre) and Column B (Company Code) is the  Input.

The data provided in COlumn C (Expected Country Name) is the "Expected Result"..

The Alteryx need to check COlumn A and COlumn B and map the appropriate Results as per COlumn C. 

(The Input Dataset from the Excel file is the COlumn A and COlumn B. 

Matt_D
10 - Fireball

@duttaabhishek  as above, I cannot work out your logic.  What for instance determines row 6 to be China, rows 31 & 32 to be INTERNATIONAL HUB, etc. You say "matching" but what is meant to match?

usmanbashir
11 - Bolide

@duttaabhishek - Please see attached workflow. In the workflow, you'll see that I included your input file twice. I did that replicate a scenario where you don't have the expected output yet. Then you map accordingly to get your expected field. Hope this helps!

duttaabhishek
7 - Meteor

Hi ... sorry about that....

Actually in the excel the Column A and Column B is the Input dataset. And column C is the Expected Result (Output).

I want alteryx to Check column A and Column B and if both the condition satisfies within a Row it will display the result as per column C. 

Labels