Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Inconsistent Errors

rdbrooks84
5 - Atom

I keep receiving different errors for the input file. One moment it will work fine, then I'll add a tool or change one then suddenly there are errors. The input file is a single sheet .xlsx file with pretty generic data and no macros or filters or anything complicated. The errors have ranged from certain values expected or whitespace expected or Start-end tags mismatch etc. I can't figure out why it keeps doing it because it's completely inconsistent and not simply the same error each time. Sometimes I can just refresh the data and it works fine. Sometimes it doesn't. Any help appreciated - this is driving me up the wall!!

2 REPLIES 2
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@rdbrooks84 I think the entire Community would be up that wall with you, if it was happening to us :)

If able, would you mind posting the pesky file? Let's see if we can figure out what's going on.

rdbrooks84
5 - Atom

Thanks for the quick response! I believe this actually ended up being an issue with the file I was working with being in a network folder accessed via a VPN. Once I moved it to my computer, the errors stopped. I'm still not sure what would cause the issues, but I'm assuming network instability or something related would have been the culprit. Either way, it's working now, so I guess I'll just need to make sure to be working with files saved on my computer rather than on a network drive. If you have any further insights relating to working on files on a network drive vs having to save it onto the computer, I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I think I'm good now! :-)

Labels