Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Report Writing - Best approach

BenMurrells
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

One area I'm trying to brush up on (or should I say start) is reporting outputs in Alteryx.  They're very useful in my world especially if the workflows are locked down and reconciliations can come out in pdf format for sign off.

What I'm trying to achieve is a pdf output with a head, footer and data in between summarising the results of a reconciliation in table format.  Forgetting the header and footer for a minute and let's focus on the rec results.  I have attached a very basic Excel file with a small sample data set within it.

What I'd hope to see in a pdf rendered output is the following:

1. Where check = Ok I want all of this data grouped into 1 row showing both a count of ID's and the sum of pocket money A and pocket money B;
  2. Where check = Error I want to show a row for each ID and the value in pocket money A and pocket money B.

I'm sure I can take the long way round and prep all of this using various tools to create multiple outputs and then join them.  But I was hoping to just attached the Table report tool to my results file and hey presto.  Any help is welcomed.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels