Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report Text - Repeating for Each Table instead of Each Group By (Excel Sheetname)

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to get a 5 tables to output to 3 tabs in Excel using the Render tool.  I have created my tables and added unions to get to where I need to be.  Everything is working perfectly, expect for the Header that I have added (using the Report Text Tool).  Currently, it is adding the report text to each table, even when 2 tables are on the same sheet in Excel.  Therefore, I am wondering if there is a way to only repeat the report text for each tab that it will output to Excel (Group By), rather that for each table?

Here is a view of the output.  I do not want the text in green highlighting below to be repeated since it is on the same tab in the Excel file:

JRiedel_2-1628524478934.png

Here is the configuration of my Report Text:

JRiedel_0-1628524343418.png

Here is the configuration of the Layout Tool:

JRiedel_1-1628524395550.png

11 REPLIES 11
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @J-Riedel 

Configure the report text tool to attach on top after layout tool. It should do the trick.

Hope this helps : )

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

This solution works, with the exception of the report tool content.  I was adding the report date dynamically to the report text.  To do this, after the last union, I added a Formula Tool to calculate the last day of the prior month and output to a new field.  Once I added this, the Date would show up in my "Available Fields" listing in the Report Text Tool.  If I move the Report Text Tool to after the Layout, I loose the date as an available field.  Do you know why and how could I get that back so that I can continue to dynamically add the date to the header?

Thanks!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @J-Riedel 

The columns which you want to bring forward specify it in groupby of layout tool.

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

If I do that, it moves my output to Excel from 3 tabs to only 1.  I need them on different tabs.  Suggestions?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @J-Riedel 

If my response helps please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

I ran into an issue.  If I do the suggestion you gave, it moves my output to Excel from 3 tabs to only 1.  I need them on different tabs.  Suggestions?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @J-Riedel 

Was sheetname also selected as you have done above. Select Sheetname and dates and mention section name has you had done before.

J-Riedel
8 - Asteroid

I have the selections that you have mentioned above and it still only renders the output into one tab in Excel.  Do I need to o anything different in the Render Configuration?

Here is my Layout Configuration.

JRiedel_0-1628529323032.png

Render Configuration:

JRiedel_1-1628529382421.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @J-Riedel 

I mocked up a workflow to took into and understand the issue. You need to add another layout tool after report text tool and mention section name. It seems to work after that.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1628529847939.png

Hope this helps : )

Labels