Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replicate PRODUCT excel formula for select period and entire period

Mysa
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

Please help me in replicating PRODUCT excel formula. Req1 column is Cumulative for each attribute, Req2 is Cumulative of 3 months, Req 3 is YTD Cumulative. Also attaching the excel. 

Thanks in Advance.

Req1.PNG

Req2.PNG 

Req3.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Shifty
12 - Quasar

@Mysa 

This is now doubt a fiddly one (for me at least but I'm no expert!).  It's pretty much achievable with the Multi-Row Formula. I've attached a workflow that addresses Req1 and Req3.  I'm still working on Req2 for you!

Take a look and let me know if that does tick off Req 1 and 3 for you.

Shifty

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hey @Mysa,

I've updated the workflow to include all three Reqs.  Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Shifty

Mysa
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Shifty,

Thanks for the efforts. the PRODUCT formula in excel essentially does Cumulative Return, not a cumulative total. 

However your seems good. 

Also you ignored Attribute1 column the calculation should also consider AA and AB in that column seperately.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Ahh I see what you mean, if you want Req1 to group by Attribute1 (and essentially reset for AB) then you can just check the Group by Attribute1 in the first Multi-Row Formula tool.

Mysa
6 - Meteoroid

Coming back to what PRODUCT formula does, I'm uploading breakdown of formula in a revised excel. 

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@Mysa,

There has been another post about cumulative return: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Calculation-of-cumulative-returns/td-p...

Maybe your understanding of the process together with that post will get you to the solution you're looking for.

Shifty

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hi @Mysa,

Please see the attached workflow.  I'm fairly certain that the output columns match your expectations now (i.e. I've managed to wrap my head around what you were using the PRODUCT function for in Excel). 

There are now three additional columns added called Req1 (B), Req2 (B) and Req3 (B) that match the corresponding Req columns from your sample file.

Shifty_2-1621791521069.png

There's no denying I've made a meal of it but I think (I hope) I got there in the end. 🤣

Shifty

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great solution @Shifty !

Labels