Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Replacing non-readable characters with a readable equivalent?

ck2024
9 - Comet

Hey 

I have to update an extract of data that has multiple non-readable characters within.  I've come up with the nearest equivalent, but is there a way to replace the contents of Field 1 = Bermúdez Díez 

how would I get it to read down the list of the columns in Character Column and replace the matches with the contents of Replace column so that the above example would become MerAodez DAez - there are some examples where there are 5 matches of characters that need replaceing

Character Replacement
ß b
ü u
ń n
’ '
à A
ç c
ö o
ł l
ż z

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Raj
15 - Aurora

@ck2024 
find the workflow attached
mark done if solved.

griffinwelsh
11 - Bolide

@ck2024 The way to do perform this task generally is to use the find and replace tool, but it doesn't seem to work with your special characters. The solution is to use regex replace to perform each replacement. Here is an iterative macro solution that allows you to do that with similar UI to the find and replace tool.

Labels