Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rendering to Excel- Workbook Using Multiple Section Names and Other Tabs

BarryJT
7 - Meteor

Hi, I can use some help with the rendering tool and creating a workbook using multiple Section Names and other tabs.

I read in a list of items, rendered the data to an Excel workbook and split the data into different tabs using the Layout Section Name. I then added a new Table and Layout, using same source data but with a different Section Name, and rendered to the same Excel workbook.  So far, everything was going smoothly....

Now I wanted to add two additional tabs to workbook.  One tab is a Summary tab that summarizes the data by showing record counts. The other tab just lists all the items from the input file.  I tried different ways to get these two additional tabs to show correctly but in all attempts, the tab name for these two sheets is incorrect and just shows as "sheet" followed by the next tab number (e.g., sheet8). 

The above is actually a simplification of what I'm trying to do but it narrows down the issue.  I created and attached a workflow that shows the issue.  The example is a list of audit issues with just three columns, the owner of the issue, the issue rating and issue number.  I'm breaking down the list of issues by owner and by rating.  Unfortunately, this new workflow contains one additional flaw that is not my full workflow and that is that the two additional tabs are showing on same tab.  However, the Render tool shows 9 records in the Results pane (3 tabs for Rating, 4 tabs for Owner, "Summary" and "All Issues").  However, the Excel workbook has 8 tabs (3 tabs for Rating, 4 tabs for Owner and "sheet8").  I would like sheet named "Summary" and sheet named "All Issues".  

Can someone please assist? I may have another issue as well but if so, I'll make as separate post and continue with this example. If you do try running the workflow, please note that the Excel file is set to output to C:\TEMP so please change as needed.

Thanks,

Barry

2 REPLIES 2
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @BarryJT 

I have uploaded a sample WF that outputs all the different sheets. In the layout tool, the sheet name configuration was missing therefore the last sheet was being named sheet8.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post/mark it as a solution.

BarryJT
7 - Meteor

Hi PanPP,

Thanks for the quick response. I compared the changes you made to what I had and after making the changes on my workflow, it works great. Thanks Again!

Labels