Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rename Columns

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I have a workflow with 3666 columns and I need to rename all of them. So, each of my columns contains the name of a specific software. I want them changed to Title 1, Title 2, Title 3, and so on until Title 3666. Is there a way to do this in one go rather than having to change each column name one at a time? Any help would be much appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Chirag_Gandhi07 I would use a generate rows to get all 3666 rows, a formula to call it Title x, and then a dynamic rename like the attached.

I don't know your use case, but I've found that it is usually easier working the data transposed instead of so many columns. Just a thought :)

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Thanks for the response. I tried your solution but I am not getting the desired results. I have attached a sample workflow that is similar to my workflow. If you don't mind, could you please take a look. Thanks!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Chirag_Gandhi07 Can you attach the sample excel file as well?

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Sorry about that. I have attached the new sample workflow and excel file.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Chirag_Gandhi07 My original idea could have been applied, but I think it's easier in this case to just add a branch of tools to add the title before you crosstab it. Let me if the attached accomplishes what you're after!

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Thank you!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Chirag_Gandhi07 You could use the field info tool and then the dynamic rename at the end of your original workflow. I've attached that version as well.

Chirag_Gandhi07
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Thank you so much! Really appreciate it!!

janety0127
7 - Meteor

Can you please include the input in the package? I need the results to this problem. Thank you!

Labels