Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove both duplicate values, not just the later one

abender14
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am looking for a way to remove rows that contain duplicate employee ID numbers. I don't want to just show the unique values, but instead delete any row that has a duplicate (removing a pair of duplicates, not just the later duplicate value). Is there any way to do this?

My desired output is just the employee ID numbers that have not been duplicated. I pulled a report retroactively and one in the present say, so I am looking to find the rows that show up in one report but not the other (bidirectional).

5 REPLIES 5
ShaanM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @abender14

this can be doing using the attached workflow.

within there I have used one of the CREW macros to help, this can return a true distinct rather than 1 of the duplicates

Kind regards

Shaan

Shaan Mistry
Co - Founder : datacurious.ai
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hi @abender14,

I'd use the summarize tool to group and count on EmployeeID then you can filter on Count = 1

Remove Duplictaes.PNG

abender14
5 - Atom

This is great thank you for the quick reply!

abender14
5 - Atom

LordNeilLord,

Is there a way I can keep the rest of the fields, not just Employee ID? 

ShaanM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @abender14

You would need a join tool after to re-join the data back , matching on Employee ID for both left and right streams.

The workflow i shared earlier in the post contains a macro which does all of the joining, negating the need for adding other tools.

Kind regards

Shaan

Shaan Mistry
Co - Founder : datacurious.ai
Labels