Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Remove Scientific Notation from Long Numbers

DHB
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I'm inputting data from an Oracle database and several of the fields contains a long number (always 17 digits).  Alteryx is applying scientific notation to them which I can't find a way to convert from to create regular numbers. 

I've tried the select and multi-field formula tools to no avail.

The closet I've gotten is the first 15 digits and then it just shows the last two digits as 00.  I believe this is something to do with floating points but don't know how to remedy it.

Any ideas as to what I may try?

Thank you,

DHB.

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @DHB, this usually happens when the fields are brought in as string values. Does wrapping the fields in ToNumber() remedy this?

ToNumber([<Insert field>])

Failing that, converting the fields to a fixed decimal type may help, will just need to play around with the level of detail.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @DHB, you just need a Select tool to change the data type of those fields to Double. 

Labels