Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

RegexMatch Digit and Alphabet

ssaz
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Appreciate if anyone could help on how to write regex to find the match for below:

31. TOPIC

I have tried (\d{2})(.)(\s+)([^a-z]+) which it works in regex101.com but not working in Alteryx.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ssaz 

What is the complete input.

What is the output tried to achieve please.

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ssaz 

Sorry to ask more questions, as you have used (\d{2})(.)(\s+)([^a-z]+) 

Each () helps to parse as a separate column, hence wanted to understand more what is the expected output.

Also input is more important too.

ssaz
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

The input will have rows of string but i would like to filter the row with this pattern only: 31. TOPIC which start with numbers and then alphabet.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ssaz One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1675928479396.png

ssaz
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! The input will have rows of string but i would like to filter the row with this pattern only: 31. TOPIC which start with numbers and then alphabet.

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ssaz 

One way of doign this.

ShankerV_0-1675928631641.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ssaz updated the filter logic

binuacs_0-1675928653100.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ssaz 

One more way to get True or False output.

ShankerV_0-1675928813033.png

ssaz
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs @ShankerV

Thank you it works! but this regex syntax "\d{2}\.\s[A-Z]+" and "\d{2}.\s{0,1}[a-z]+"not working if the alphabet having space or dash or starts with 1 digit only, example of other input

31. TOPIC
22. SHARE CAPITAL
2. SHARE-CAPITAL

i have updated to range for digit to "\d{0,3}.\s{0,1}[a-z]+" and it works well if the digit only 1 or 2 but still not working for other pattern of words with dash or space

Labels