Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reconciling large datasets

BenMurrells
8 - Asteroid

Scenario:

Let's say I have 2 excel files.  Each with the same amount of fields  (approx 80-100).  The field names will be identical.

I need to be able to reconcile each field against each other in the 2 datasets.  I can obviously build out the join tool simply enough which will throw up exceptions where data is in one but not the other.

I'd like to take it a step further and have an output that shows field 10 vs field 10 for example with a tag saying 'ok' or 'error'.  Again, not overly difficult on a one by one formula basis.  But is there one formula that could take care of this issue for multiple fields without having to input each formula for each calc (even though it's the same calc).

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

Can you provide a sample of the data input and output? This sounds like a scenario to use an iterative macro and process each pairing one at a time.

Raj
16 - Nebula

@BenMurrells 
please add some sample input and expected output.
will be in better position to help.

Calvin6KV
5 - Atom

@BenMurrells 

Agree with the others, providing some sample data will make it easier to help.

Regardless, I tried to make some dummy datasets and built a workflow based on that.  Not sure if this helps.

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@BenMurrells for this task you can use a combination of transpose and multi-field formula

Labels