Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read multiple Excel files with different sheet names

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

I've read through many discussions, downloaded the Crew Wildcard input macro and still do not know where to begin.

I have a directory of Excel files with the same schema but different sheet names that I want to read in at once rather than updating the workflow with added input file tools each time there are additions.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sonseeahray ,

In this topic, you have a full tutorial with an example explaining how to do it.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Read-in-Multiple-Excel-Files-with-M...

I'm also sharing an example of mine with the same idea but different solution.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sonseeahray ,

Since all the files have the same schema, I'm attaching a different and much easier solution.

Take a look and let me know if this makes sense to you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino Hi Fernando! I'll take a look now, and also take a look at the link you provided for situations where the files have different schemas. Thanks!

sonseeahray
8 - Asteroid

This works so beautifully. I have one file that is giving me an issue but I can bring that one in and modify it.Thank you again!

Labels